FullStack Vaadin (14-24+) – Practical Solutions
Vaadin 14-24+ (with Spring Boot) – working with MongoDB, PDF, MS Excel, Vaadin Push, GridFS
Welcome to the ‘FullStack Vaadin (23+) – Practical Solutions’ course. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of JAVA and Vaadin 23+ (with SpringBoot) by exploring practical solutions for selected areas of JAVA application development. Each topic in this course includes step-by-step guidance and hands-on projects to help you grasp the concepts thoroughly.
This course is tailored to address various topics commonly encountered in corporate JAVA development, although the techniques presented can be applied to a broader range of applications. While SpringBoot serves as the underlying framework, the solutions are platform-agnostic and can be adapted for use with other technologies such as Quarkus. Java 11 is utilized (as required by Vaadin 23+), but the solutions are Java 8 compatible, making them suitable for use in legacy applications.
The primary aim of this course is to make it easy for existing Vaadin developers to acquire new knowledge and skills. The solutions presented in this course have a track record of success in production-grade Vaadin applications and rely on stable, actively maintained libraries. By adopting these techniques, you can safeguard the value of your investments in library adoption and project development.
What You’ll Learn:
- Create interactive applications using a modern LiveView-like programming approach
- Utilize Java to build full-stack applications, encompassing both frontend and backend
- Implement Push techniques for real-time updates from the backend
- Develop collaborative applications using the popular LiveView approach
- Increase your programming efficiency by up to 5x using Vaadin for complex UI development
- Craft highly maintainable and easily readable application code
- Enhance your existing SpringBoot development knowledge
Topics Covered by This Course: Throughout the course, we build a comprehensive Vaadin single-page application, introducing new enhancements in each lecture. By the end, you’ll have created a multifaceted application with a range of features, including:
- Creating a full-featured single-page application using VAADIN
- Enabling collaboration using server Push technology
- Exporting application data in MS Excel format with formatting and additional features
- Exporting application data in PDF format with advanced formatting, embedded images, or barcodes
- Integrating MongoDB as a persistent data storage solution
- Utilizing GridFS for attachment and file uploads data storage
An essential aspect of this course is understanding what you can simplify and avoid when working with Vaadin. Embracing the idea that ‘the best code is the code you don’t have to write’ is a recurring theme throughout the course.
GitHub Repository: Access the source code through the link provided in the last lecture of this course. You can clone the repository and leverage the code snippets developed during the course.
Who This Course Is For: The ‘FullStack Vaadin – Practical Solutions’ course is designed for individuals or small/medium teams of professional Java developers seeking to enhance their productivity and competitiveness in the market. The techniques presented here can be readily applied to a wide range of application development scenarios.
Note: The course’s video quality has recently been improved to 1080p, depending on your available bandwidth.
Instructor: David Marko – Developer/Architect
What Will You Learn?
- Create, step-by-step, a basic single-page Vaadin application
- Using Vaadin @Push for websocket communication
- Create MS Excel files from dynamic data, use advanced formatting, embed images, etc.
- Create PDF files on-fly with nice formatting, images, barcodes
- Using MongoDB as a persistent data store(database backend)
- Manage file upload and download using MongoDB GridFS as data storage from your Vaadin applications