Olympic Games Analytics Project in Apache Spark for beginner
Olympic Games Analytics Project in Apache Spark for beginner using Databricks (Unofficial)
Welcome to the “Olympic Games Analytics Project in Apache Spark for Beginners,” where you’ll embark on an exciting journey to analyze Olympic Games data using Apache Spark and Databricks Notebook (Community Edition). This course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of Apache Spark while diving into real-world data analysis with a focus on the Olympic Games.
What You’ll Learn:
- Data Exploration: Explore the recent history of the Olympic Games through data analysis using Apache Spark.
- Apache Spark Basics: Understand the flow of data in Apache Spark, including data loading and manipulation—a crucial skill for big data analysis.
- Databricks Notebook: Learn the basics of Databricks Notebook by enrolling in the Free Community Edition Server.
- Real-World Olympic Games Analytics: Apply your skills to a real-world example—analyzing Olympic Games data.
- Graphical Data Representation: Visualize your findings using Databricks Notebook’s graphical capabilities.
- Hands-On Learning: Engage in hands-on exercises and practical use cases.
- Publish Your Project: Showcase your project on the web to impress potential recruiters.
- Basic knowledge of Apache Spark fundamentals and SQL basics.
- Supported desktop browsers: Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version), Safari (latest version), Microsoft Edge (latest version).
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7, 8, or 10 (with the latest Windows updates applied). Note that some features may experience performance degradation on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Not supported: Mobile browsers, beta, “preview,” or pre-release versions of desktop browsers.
In this course, you’ll delve into the world of data analysis with Apache Spark and Databricks Notebook (Community Edition). Here’s what you can expect:
- Apache Spark Basics: Learn the essentials of Apache Spark, including how data flows within the framework and how to work with datasets—skills that are vital for big data analysis.
- Databricks Notebook: Get acquainted with the basics of Databricks Notebook by accessing the Free Community Edition Server. Familiarize yourself with this powerful tool for data analysis.
- Real-World Olympic Games Analytics: Apply your newfound knowledge to a real-world dataset—the modern Olympic Games. Explore Olympic Games data from Athens 1896 to Rio 2016.
- Graphical Data Representation: Leverage Databricks Notebook’s graphical capabilities to visualize your data findings effectively.
- Hands-On Learning: Engage in hands-on exercises and tackle real-time use cases to reinforce your skills.
- Project Showcase: Impress potential recruiters by publishing your project on the web, demonstrating your data analysis prowess.
Who This Course Is For:
- Beginners in Apache Spark development.
- Big data engineers or developers looking to enhance their skills.
- Software developers interested in data analysis.
What Will You Learn?
- In this course you will learn to Analyze data (Olympic Game) in Apache Spark using Databricks Notebook (Community edition)
- Data exploration about the recent history of the Olympic Games using Apache Spark
- Basics flow of data in Apache Spark, loading data, and working with data, this course shows you how Apache Spark is perfect for Big Data Analysis job.
- Learn basics of Databricks notebook by enrolling into Free Community Edition Server
- Olympic Games Analytics a real world examples.
- Graphical Representation of Data using Databricks notebook.
- Transform structured data using SparkSQL and DataFrames
- Publish the Project on Web to Impress your recruiter